Saturday, February 15, 2014

INSPIRE ME #3: Cameron Lutz

This is Cameron ~ he is awesome!
Photo by Lee Watkins
Cameron is one of those people who has an amazing positive energy about him.  I think everyone at Excel would agree he kills it every workout!  He is inspiring because he makes you work out that much harder to match his effort.  Plus he isn't afraid to give you a pat on the back and an encouraging word.  He is also an extremely talented musician and has the second cutest dog in the world (second to my dog of course:).  Check out his band at CBC ~ http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Paperboy and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/extraextrapaperboy.  Thank you Cameron for being a team player and an inspiration!  If you are teamed up with Cameron you better bring it!  Here is his interview:

1. What is your health/fitness history? 
I've always been somewhat active.  My family all did a lot of hiking, skiing, camping and outdoorsy type of stuff.  I also was in swim club for 5 years, shotokan karate for 7 years, did track and field with school and also played baseball. 

2. How long have you been a member at Excel? 
Since day one! 

3. How often do you exercise? 
I aim for 4-5 times a week... though I work out of town often and sometimes it can be difficult. 

4. What is a typical set of meals/snacks throughout the day for you? 
I eat pretty small portions, but I eat often.  I usually have granola and milk for breakfast and sometimes a smoothie.  I usually pack some cheese, yogurt, an apple and left overs for lunch.  My girlfriend and I eat pretty clean... except for dessert... and Tim Hortons.  Haha! 
SIDE NOTE:  Cameron likes ice cream!
Yes he is eating ice cream…at Excel  beside the TRX stand! bahaha!


5. What would you say is your biggest strength in fitness?  Tenacity! I like to challenge myself. 
SIDE NOTE: Holy heck! Yah ya do!

6. What would you say is your biggest weakness in fitness?  Motivation... it's really easy to get complacent! And I've had several shoulder injuries over the years so it can be a little limiting. 

7. Is there anything in particular you are training for?  Nothing in particular.  Every flight of stairs or night out at a restaurant.  Though this year I think I'll try Spartan or Tough Mudder... or both! 

8. What would you say is your favourite work out?  There was one at Excel called Movement Matrix that I loved... sometimes it feels good to move, and it's a great workout! 




9. How do you keep motivated day-to-day?  Usually having someone to be accountable to - arranging to work out with someone or making my girlfriend shake me awake at 5 AM haha!  It's a lot easier to go out and exercise if you'll be disappointing someone if you don't.  Oh and I love how much energy I have afterwards! 

10. What would be your biggest advice to someone just starting out on his/her journey to improved health and fitness?  IT IS NOT A RACE!! Don't be ashamed by what you can't do... yet.
Holy SWEAT batman;)

11. If you could be any superhero you wanted who would you be and why?  Batman, if he counts?  He's just a fit dude with cool weapons and fast cars!  What guy wouldn't love that?! 

Side Note:  When I was picking the pictures I wanted to use in this post about Cameron I coincidentally came across this one which was posted on the Excel Facebook page back in March last year.  It fit perfectly with Cameron's final answer!  Yes Cameron you can be Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment