Saturday, February 1, 2014

Check it out!

Biographies on 3 amazing women are now up at THIS IS LIFE.  If you need inspiration of any kind ~ read it!  They are determined and are going strong!  There is about 1.5 months left of this challenge and they are completing a number of assignments in addition to eating right and exercising.  I will be posting those here as we complete them.

Today was DAY 1 of 60 for my own personal 60 Day Challenge ~ just click on FOR THE RECORD in the tabs to be directed to what exactly I am doing.  Like I have mentioned before I am still on my journey towards becoming super healthy, fit and strong.  I am not necessarily thinking of how many pounds I would still like to lose but more so dropping that body fat down, toning up more and getting some more lean muscle.  I know pounds will come off as I proceed to achieve those 3 but pounds for sure is not my focus right now.  I am someone who needs a goal, needs to write down what I plan to do ~ once I jot it down it feels more real and I go for it!  In all honesty it does take a lot of will power (especially on those tougher days when life is throwing you curve balls!) but I know the pay off is so amazing!  Super excited!

Dina (one of the the trainers at Excel and a nutritionist) discussed a topic at a Nutrition Seminar last week that I found very interesting.  The topic of Food Combining ~ alkaline, acidity, what goes with what, improving digestion, etc.  This is new to me ~ never really thought about it before but I had a few aha moments while listening in on the discussion.  One site Dina referred to was Detoxinista ~ it is really straight forward and laid out clearly.  If this is something you want to learn more about ~ here is the site http://detoxinista.com/about/food-combining/.  This has sparked me to do more research!  Whether you can use different information like this or not I think it is SO valuable to keep educating yourself on the value of certain foods, improving your digestion, and putting fuel in your body to perform optimally.  Knowing what a carb, a protein, a complex carb, a starchy vegetable, etc. is important for you to make informed decisions on your nutrition.  Stick to the basics and pick out what can benefit you the most!  I will keep you posted on anything I find life-changing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment